Monday, July 29, 2013

Big Boy Bed

It was bound to happen eventually.  Going away on vacation helped make the decision. For apparently no reason,  Lincoln (who will be 3 in December) has been happy in a crib. He never climbed out and sat quietly in it in the morning until Tom and I got him out. It's been amazing. The only problem came when we traveled and I had to put his mammoth self into a tiny pack-n-play to sleep in.  He would sleep in it and not climb out but he could never stretch out in it and it made me feel so bad for him.  We made the decision that on this vacation we would bring a bed rail and put Lincoln in a bed and hope for the best.  Well, he exceeded our expectations and did great so when we got home the time came to make the switch.

Doesn't he look like a giant in his crib! He was very excited to get his big boy bed. 

His first time in his bed. The one rule is no jumping...let's see how well that rule is held up.

We have a bed rail that we could put up but I thought he could handle it.  Well, we are on night 4 and he has only fallen out once.  I had put some extra blankets down but it was a loud thump in the night but Linc didn't seem phased!

I think Lincoln's biggest challenge will be to staying under the covers.  As shown above he is a mover while he sleeps. This was how I found him after the first night.

At least at nap time he managed to stay with his head at the top of the bed. Good thing it's not winter and he needed his blankets to stay warm. 

I'll keep you posted if he falls out again...

No comments:

Post a Comment