Sunday, July 7, 2013

I don't want to talk about it...

So, its been a week since I last posted.  I love that the fact that my life is pretty calm; I live the hustle of little things to do, errands around town, Colby going to summer camp and visiting the local pool. Last week was not one of those weeks.  I don't want to talk about the 100 year storm that hit my town. I don't want to talk about the river that ran through my back yard.  I don't want to talk about my basement taking on water for 4 days (or losing power/water/telephone). I don't want to talk about cancelling our holiday weekend plans to visit family we haven't seen in forever. I don't want to talk about around the clock wet vacuuming (setting my alarm for 2 and 4 am felt awesome).


These are the good times we had in the backyard before the water took it over. The ground is still so saturated that we won't be doing any water activities back there for some time.  I've always been an optimist and I continue to be one. It could have been worse and we are luckier than others in our town.

Regardless of what our holiday plans were, we made the best of the weekend! I hope you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment