Saturday, April 12, 2014

Taco Night

Who doesn't love taco night.  For some reason we had not had a taco night in a long time and we needed something great for dinner.  After dropping Lincoln off at school and sending Colby off to Katie R.'s house I headed over to the grocery store.  You would think not having the kids with me would make grocery shopping relaxing and easy but without them, and not having to be on top of things, I let my mind wander and forgot sour cream and bought cabbage and not lettuce.  Yes, I was a total moron.  I had to pick those up later at another grocery store.  Luckily, we have 5 grocery stores within 10 miles of us (no other stores of any use but 5 freaking grocery stores).

As I set the table and laid out all the fixings Tom called to let us know he was on his way home. Things were coming together nicely and then I heard a bang and a cry out from Colby.  I rush over to him and blood is coming out of his mouth.  He had tripped in the hall and slammed is face/chin on the floor and made a huge gouge in his mouth.  Once I got the bleeding under control Tom walked in.  I had him take a look and we decided to call the doctors to get their opinion on if we should bring him in to have it looked at.  Tom talked to the nurse and she said she would call back.  I told Colby he didn't have to eat dinner or I would make whatever he wanted but once he saw the taco stuff all laid out he said he wanted to try to eat it.  His lip was so swollen and looked very painful but he managed to put down 3 tacos and rice without missing a beat.  When the nurse called back she laughed at the fact he didn't pass up taco night.  With instructions to keep it as clean as possible we thanked her and finished up dinner.


I plan to have another taco night again soon.  I only hope that is less eventful than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment