Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Shoveling Snow

As we've all complained about this has been a long winter.  The snow has lingered forever. Just yesterday was the first time in months that we had no snow on our roof! Needless to say the ground coverage is still vast and deep.  So I decided to take matters into my own hands...

Flashback to my youth and walking home from school with my neighbor Chad.  We would turn up our street and see my Pepere (grandfather) in my front yard with the shovel.  Chad and I would laugh and shake our heads.  He would shovel the snow from my parents yard into the road to melt.  At the time it seemed a bit embarrassing, wouldn't the snow just melt on its own? Everyday he would come over and shovel a bit more of the snow, usually focusing on the piles from the snowplow and snow blower.  It always seems silly to me and I would have never thought anyone would really need to do it.



Oh yeah, I did it.  And I laughed and thought of my Pepere the entire time. By the end of the day the driveway was dry again and I found the side of my driveway and some solar lights that got covered with snow! And will I do it again on the next sunny day so I can get the boys and I outside in the yard? You bet I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment