Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Life Imitating Art

Colby always comes home from his preschool program with lots of arts and crafts. I always ogle over them and ask him to tell me his thought process behind them.  Sometimes I get answers and sometimes I don't.  I love what he comes up with...

exhibit A
This piece of work came home last week.  They traced the cat but the rest of it is all Colby.  He tells me that this is (of course) Isis Kitty with her big green eyes.  Colby is in blue and Lincoln is in green.  He then tells me that I'm the red person with my mouth open telling them (what I always tell them) to not give her (Isis Kitty) a reason to scratch them!  The orange line around the cat is the barrier we should give her so she won't scratch anyone. I love the artwork and I hang it on the refrigerator for all to see.  It cracks me up because we have this discussion everyday about the cat and I thought that maybe this drawing proved that he finally learned his lesson.

Well not a few hours after he got home from school that day and he gave her a reason.



I don't get mad at the cat even though Colby thinks she deserves a timeout! She  really does let them do whatever they want to her but sometimes the boys just can't control themselves. Eventually he will learn or at least continue to draw pictures of her! 

1 comment: