Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dinner with Adults vs. Dinner with Kids

Katie R.

Our dinner out with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law:

We arrived at a very crowded restaurant on a Saturday night.  Many people were there to watch the NCAA basketball tournament games, ourselves included, so the people were spending their time eating a drinking.  We were told there would be an approximate 2 hour wait.  Our reply "no problem we'll be at the bar".  Luckily the bar was huge and had 160 beers on tap so an appetizer, some beers, some basketball and we were happy. Sometime later we were seated at our table and the food was great too, it was my birthday so I ate whatever I wanted.  We then decided to stay for a drink after dinner to finish the game.  We probably spent 4 hours there total and it was a great night.

Look how happy we look (ignore Joe's hair he has since received a haircut)


Our dinner out with our kids (a few days before our trip to Ohio):

We walk into Moe's and they didn't immediate welcome us so Andrew yells "Welcome to Moe's."  I am not eating so I take the boys to get a seat while Joe ordered for the kids.  Wes, who hates to be separated from Daddy, then starts saying "Daddy" over and over and louder and louder until I give him everything in my bag to keep him quiet.  Joe finally comes back to the table and we get the burritos unwrapped.  Wes takes a bite of the his and the other end somehow opens and 1/2 of his burrito falls on the floor.  Joe forgot the green salsa which Andrew gets every time we go there so I go get that and drinks.  Joe didn't get Wes a drink so now he's throwing a fit because he doesn't have a drink.  Luckily Andrew shares his with Wes but then Wes won't give it back.  We pry the drink from his hands and I put it out of sight with a promise to Andrew that we'll get him a full cup before we leave.  Andrew eats his food and reaches for his cookie which comes with the meal.  Wes sees the cookie and immediately shoves his plate out of the way causing me to grab salsa and 2 drinks before I am covered in salsa and diet coke.  We give Wes his cookie, simply because we don't care anymore, and Joe finishes eating.  We probably spent a total of 20 minutes there and I couldn't get out fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment