Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A View From the Top

I've been enjoying posting photos of my childhood on Facebook for throwback Thursday. I have loved looking into my boxes of photos, reliving memories and choosing funny photos to post to the world.  It is also a constant reminder to keep up on the yearly scrapbooks I do for the boys because flipping through photos is so much more fun then looking at them on a computer. 


But on a more serious note, looking through my photos I found a handful of photos I took while on a family trip to New York  in July of 1990.  I was eleven years old.  It was my first visit and seeing the city, the skyline and all the wonder that New York City had to offer didn't disappoint. We visited the twin towers and went up to the observation floor to view the city. I pulled out my little camera and captured a few shots. It's an overwhelming feeling knowing my children can't see the same view I saw in 1990. It has been 12 years since the attack on America and although the wounds are no longer fresh they still hurt and burn more on this day.  As I kiss my boys goodnight I continue to be thankful I live in a country that supports, loves and never forgets.

view from the twin towers in 1990 with the other tower in view


No comments:

Post a Comment