Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Damn you Berenstain Bears

Life continues in this house of 5.  I'm slowly getting into a bit of a routine with getting Colby ready and out the door to the bus stop, getting Lincoln off to his preschool 3 days a week and managing Vivienne (already 13 weeks) all the while.  Some days I make it look easy and others (most) I'm just trying to keep my shit together.  Yesterday I needed a little bit of help so I called my good friend, the television, for help.  She was on early and helped entertain the kids while I tried to function like an adult and get some things done around the house. After realizing that Vivienne wasn't going to nap before going to the grocery store I put a baseball hat on over my gross hair, used some make-up remover to clean my face from yesterday and headed out the door to get some much needed necessities. (Like peanut butter for Lincoln's most requested peanut butter and fluff sandwich for lunch) As soon as we got home and I attempted to put the groceries away Vivienne woke up, started crying and Lincoln was tearing around the house like the mad man that he is.  I, like any good mother, called in my good friend again.  I told Lincoln I would turn the TV on and asked him what he would like to watch and this is what I got in response....

"Mom, remember the Berenstein Bears book, Too much TV? I think we have had enough TV today. I think we should just sit together and play a board game.  I'll go get Zingo!"

Yup, mother of the year.  My son's moral compass comes from a family of bears. So I put the cold stuff in the fridge, left the rest on the counter for later and played some Zingo with my boy while nursing Vivienne.  Just call me Mama Bear:)

No comments:

Post a Comment