Monday, March 23, 2015

Certificate of Acheviement

I love that Colby goes to a school that still has holiday parties, parades for Halloween, able to send in cupcakes for birthdays and celebrations for everything.  The school does a great job celebrating milestones and achievements in classrooms also. For example I turn to one of Colby's favorite classes, PE.

What kindergartener doesn't love PE. (I call it gym but Colby always corrects me that it is PE, gym is where it's at!)  He's not a boy that comes home and tells me all the details of his day but I do usually get a play by play of PE.  He loves learning and playing all the different games and sports  they have to offer and once they move onto another activity they come home with a certificate of achievement once that unit is done.




As shown above, he did a fantastic job at bowling. He told me he even enjoyed setting up the pins over an over again. (who likes that?) These crowning certificates are taped on the door for all to admire. 

 The basketball certificate cracks me up. "Awesome effort" translates to you tried but boy you sure don't have the hang of it.


And here effort is  mentioned again!  An "active player" translates into you ran around and burnt off enough energy that you can go back to your classroom and not burst and drive your teacher nuts!

And then, my personal favorite, the certificate that will serve him well later in life....


Cup stacking really?  Isn't this a gate way to flip-cup? And no effort mentioned on this certificate, just an awesome job in achievement in stacking!  That's my boy, this skill will take him far in life (or at least in drinking games in college).

No comments:

Post a Comment