Monday, February 27, 2012

About Katie D.

My adventure starts in Maine. As a true Maniac, I was born and raised in southern Maine; proud of dropping my “r’s” and using wicked as an adjective as much as possible.  While living in fabulous Portland Maine I received my degree in Communication from the University of Southern Maine in 2001.  My husband, Tom and I met on a wild trip to Montreal.  We survived the long distance relationship and were married in 2005 while he lived in Montreal and I in Burlington Vermont. We finally got to live with each other in 2007 when we relocated to the world that is known as the Upper Valley.  Since then I have put my career in retail on hold to raise my incredible boys, Colby 3 and Lincoln 1.


I enjoy cooking, crafting and a good cocktail. Translation, I love to eat, make a mess and enjoy a good beer. The kegerator in my dining room was not a dream of mine but Tom makes a mean homebrew so a girl can’t complain. I drive a big tan van. I’m proud of it! People who knock it have yet to enjoy its full potential! I have one cat, Isis Kitty, the other female in the house and the biggest bed hog I’ve ever known. I run with a fabulous group of friends and they are the lifeline that keeps me sane on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment