Tuesday, July 29, 2014

S'mores

Please excuse my absence for the last few weeks. As always the summer is spent relaxing...which means packing, cooking and doing laundry to go away on vacation. I did this in back to back weeks, it was lovely and wonderful but it took its toll on me and the boys.  I could have posted much sooner but Tom and I have started to watch the show Game of Thrones on demand and we are binge watchers so that has also weighed heavily on my absence.  My apologies, so without further ado, let me continue to fill you in on my life....

For the past three years a great group of friends have decided to vacation together.  Of course fabulous times are always had by all but what really caught my attention this year when I downloaded the pictures was the growth in the boys.  They look the same and yet the have grown so much.  The first year we went on vacation Lincoln still had his pacifier and we stuck him in a chair so as not to get too close to the flames when we did s'mores.


2012
2012
And the next year Lincoln upgraded his seat to a tricycle! Colby continued to rock the sideways bite is his own style. 
2013
2013
And this past year we let the kids have a bit more freedom, even getting a good laugh when Tom's marshmallows caught on fire! Again, the changes are subtle but they are maturing into amazing little men.
2014
2014
2014
Vacationing with great friends is a perk to the summer and having wonderful photos to look back on remind me of what fabulous summers the boys and I have.  I'm not ready to let go of summer yet so don't get any ideas New England!

No comments:

Post a Comment